Free Vedic astrology
Vaastu Shastra principles for School and educational institutions
Schools or educational institutions plays a very important role in building the character, personality, career, physical and mental health of students. It lays the foundation of a student and refines it in every step of his development. A school should be designed very carefully, considering the needs of students as they need a firm focus and solid concentration. It is necessary to create an environment for the students where they do not feel stressed and over-worked. Vaastu planning is essential to meet these goals and foster a healthy and competitive environment at school and educational institutions and to get the maximum benefit of the five elements of nature.
- According to Vaastu Shastra, a campus must have a large and a well laid out to create a pleasant environment for the learning and physical growth of disciples.
- Plot used to construct the campus should be square or rectangular in shape.
- Students should face either north or east while studying in the class. These directions promote name, fame, intellectual and professional growth.
- Each classroom should have large windows on the northern and eastern walls.
- The entrance of classrooms should be made in north-east, north or east. South-east, south-west and north-west must be avoided.
- A classroom should not be established in a basement or underground construction. Basement can be used for storage purposes though.
- All kinds of electrical equipments such as generators and inverters should be kept in the south-east.
- Toilet should be constructed in the north-west corner of the building.
- Administration block should be placed in the northern or eastern portion of the building.
- Canteen for students should be made in the south-eastern corner.
- The playground should be large and well laid out. North, east or north-east are the suitable direction for a playground.
- The entrance of the campus should be in the east or north direction.
Prayer hall in the school must be built in north-east portion to get maximum benefits and better concentration.
- Keep the administration block in north or eastern direction.
- The doors should be painted with bright colours to present a cheerful outlook. The width to height should never be more than 1:3.
- Doors in each block of school should be even numbered.
- A class room should have two doors placed in different directions. Each door should have two panels made from the same material.
- Doors should not be established in the centre of the room.
- Classrooms should be large in size for a healthy environment and circulation of fresh air. The recommended width of the room may vary from 16’ to 20’, and length from 16’ to 32’.
- The campus must have a high, thick and heavy compound wall in the south and west zones.
- Classrooms should be established in the south and no two classrooms should have doors facing each other.
- Library should be constructed in the east or north-east portion of the building. Alternatively, it can be made in western portion also.
- Principal’s office must be constructed in such a way that he sits facing north while working. For this purpose, south-west or south direction are best suitable.
- Staff room must be made in the north-west.
- Reception and cashier room must be located in the eastern or northern zone.
- Laboratories must be located in the south -west direction.